Senior Software Engineer
Overview House, Woking, Surrey.
Head of Software.
Overview is committed to an ambitious growth plan and values software engineering as a critical capability for future product expansion and is growing the software team accordingly to accommodate a growing number of research and development opportunities. The successful candidate will join the software team responsible for the delivery of innovative research, new products, custom solutions and providing support to the production team for Overview’s embedded platforms for precision positioning systems.
- Development of new products to expand and diversify the existing portfolio
- Technical leadership on selected projects
- Mentoring and support to junior staff
- Proactive support of software capability growth and continuous improvement
- Research, development and implementation of sensor and control algorithms within OEM drives
- Definition of interfaces and integration with third-party subsystems
- Design of test software for production functional test and system configuration
- Documentation and design of development kits for customer integration support
Qualifications, Education, Personal attributes and Previous Experience Required
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline and likely to have achieved an MSc (or similar) in a related area
- 3-5 years of experience of real-time embedded programming utilising multiple peripherals
- At least 1 year of project and/or team leadership experience
- Experience working hands-on with electronic and mechanical assemblies
- Good working knowledge of C, and highly competent in mathematical techniques
- Experience of working with configuration control systems and release processes
- Knowledge of waterfall and agile development processes
- Experience of operating in ISO 9001 (or similar) environments and to industry-specific standards
- Excellent communications skills and fluency in English – both spoken and written
- Able to operate at all times in accordance with Overview’s company values and behaviours
- At least 6 years of experience in the software industry
- Experience in vision-based AI solutions
- Demonstrable innovative design
- Experience of test-driven development
- Experience in Agile working practices
- Good working knowledge of object-oriented programming (C++ or similar)
- Experience in coaching or leading others
- Possessor of Neyaka – being Open-Minded, Optimistic, Intellectually Diverse, Adaptable
- “Can do” attitude – nothing is impossible!
- Inspired by Innovation
- Enthusiastic, driven to deliver
- Works on own initiative when needed
- Methodical and meticulous
- Right first time
Why work for us?
- Overview is an exciting, growing company committed to excellence and innovation.
- We greatly value the hard work, ingenuity and integrity of our team
- We provide an environment for rapid personal development.
Overview’s operations and reputation are based on the following company Values and Behaviours. These Values and Behaviours, consistently applied, make us what we are and are a key element of the value that we bring to our customers.
- Customer Focus. We support and protect the interests of our customers. We listen to our external (and internal) customers and focus relentlessly on exceeding their expectations.
- Integrity and Respect. We shall treat all our team, our customers and our supply chain partners with integrity and respect. Through honesty and a shared approach to addressing the inevitable challenges faced, we strive for long-term relationships. We make commitments that we meet.
- Fact based Management. We conduct ourselves in a culture of fact based management that rewards an objective, professional leadership style, encouraging the constructive discussion of opposing points of view that are grounded in facts, regardless of who generates them.
- Creativity and Innovation. Overview understands that our strength comes from valued innovation. Our core mission includes offering creative solutions covering technical, commercial and operational aspects of our business.
- Continuous Process Improvement. We embrace a culture of continuous and relentless improvement in both what we do and how we do it, through incremental steps. We consolidate each gain, prove its sustainability and move on to the next. We have a passion to win and a determination to succeed.
- Responsibility for a Sustainable Future. We recognise the need for an environmentally conscious operation and we conduct business at all times in a manner that enables our team and all those we interface with to enjoy a safe and healthy quality of life that balances the work / life equilibrium.
Please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com